2011- present: Visiting Professor at European Engineering School in Chemistry, Polymers and Materials, University of Strasbourg, France
2012 – 2020: Visiting Professor at School of Materials Sciences, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
April 2016: Visiting Professor at Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymeres Organiques and Advanced Materials by Design Cluster of Excellence (AMADEus), Universite de Bordeaux, France
June 2017: Visiting Professor at National Univeristy of Singapore, Singapore
July 2017: Visiting Professor at Universite de Paris 13, France
Where grants received as PI: Name in Bold
2005 – 2014 Royal Society, University Research Fellowship, N. T. K. Thanh: Nanomaterials for biomolecular sciences and nanotechnology.
2006 MRC-IDBA, N. T. K. Thanh: Development of novel bifunctional nanomaterials based on magnetic nanoparticles for studies of stem cells.
2006 MRC-IDBA, N. T. K. Thanh: Synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles for MRI.
2006 MRC-IDBA, N. T. K. Thanh: Development of nanotech tracking methods for live cell imaging.
2006 – 2007 North West Cancer Research Fund, D.G. Fernig, Dr M. Brust and N. T. K. Thanh: Magnetic transition metal nanoparticles: a tool for cancer research.
2006 – 2010 European Commission (KIDSTEM RTN) FP6 Marie Curie Research Training Network. P Murray, D Edgar, S Kenny, J Turnbull, DG Fernig, A Cossins and N. T. K. Thanh (University of Liverpool, UK), J Davies (University of Edinburgh, UK), G Camussi (University of Turin, Italy), C Werner (IPFD and Max Bergmann Center, Dresden, Germany), M Hengstschlaeger (Medical Medical University of Vienna, Austria) and G Remuzzi (Mario Negri Institute, Bergamo, Italy): Investigating the potential of various stem cell sources to undergo nephrogenesis.
2007 – 2008 BBSRC, N. T. K. Thanh and Ian Prior: Small nanoparticles: Design and synthesis of shape variants as multiplex biological probes for immuno-electron microscopy.
2007 – 2008 Higher Education Commission Pakistan, N. T. K. Thanh: Development of qualitative and quantitative assays for the detection of HCV/HBV infection by using nano-particles.
2008 – 2009 Royal Society, N. T. K. Thanh: Hyperthermia characterisation of magnetic nanoparticles (MNPs) for cancer treatment.
2009 – 2010 InterAcademyPanel, N. T. K. Thanh: Magnetic Nanoparticles for Invisistripes.
2010 Royal Society, N. T. K. Thanh: Sponsorship for an exhibit at 350th year celebration of Royal Society. Nanoscale Science: A Giant Leap for Mankind.
2010 EPSRC, N. T. K. Thanh: Sponsorship for an exhibit at 350th year celebration of Royal Society: Nanoscale Science: A Giant Leap for Mankind.
2010 BBSRC, N. T. K. Thanh: Sponsorship for an exhibit at 350th year celebration of Royal Society: Nanoscale Science: A Giant Leap for Mankind.
2010 Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST), N. T. K. Thanh and Shinya Maenosono: Collaborative UCL-JAIST workshop
2012 EPSRC, N. T. K. Thanh: Secondment to BIS to review support for UK proposers to EU funding programmes for FP7 and Horizon 2020 (2014-2020)
2012 EPSRC, N. T. K. Thanh: Equipment grant
2013 UCL Graduate School, Research Grants,
Sep. 2013 French Embassy, UCL-French workshop, N. T. K. Thanh,
2013 – 2015 Royal Society, International Exchanges Scheme with National University of Singapore.
2014 Global Young Academy, N. T. K. Thanh, Young Scientist Ambassadorship,
2014 Royal Society of Chemistry, N. T. K. Thanh, Exploiting Physical Properties of Nanomaterials for Tackling Infectious Diseases workshop. Hanoi, Vietnam
2014 – 2020 Air Force Office of Scientific Research and Asian Office of Aerospace Research & Development Aerospace in Chemical & Materials Sciences (RSA) and Physics & Electronics (RSE), N. T. K. Thanh, S. Sridhar, N. X. Phuc: Nanoscale Magnetism in Nanoparticles
2014 – 2018 EU COST Action TD1402 – Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Magnetic Hyperthermia and Indirect Radiation Therapy (RADIOMAG). Management Committee member.
2015 – 2017 Royal Society, International Newton Fellowship, Carbon Nanotube & Magnetic Nanoparticle Hybrid System for Ex Vivo Expansion of Umbilical Cord Blood. N. T. K. Thanh and Kuan Boone Tan.
2015 – 2016 Royal Academy of Engineering, Newton Research Collaboration Program, N. T. K. Thanh and N. T. Bich: Engineering multi-functional magnetic nanoparticles for enhanced oil recovery.
2015 – 2019 EPSRC, EP/M018016/1: A. Gavriilidis, N. T. K. Thanh, L. Mazzei, A.G. Jones, Q. Pankhurst: Magnetic Nanoparticle Engineering Via Microreaction Technology.
2015 – 2020 EPSRC, EP/M015157/1: A. Gavriilidis, I. P. Parkin, N. T. K. Thanh, Q. A. Pankhurst, A.G. Jones, H. Makatsoris, L. Mazzei, P. Lettieri, V. Dua, J. Tang: Advanced Flow Technology for healthcare materials manufacturing.
FUTURE CONFERENCE/ MEETING ORGANISING/ CHAIRING
29. Co-chair of European Materials Research Society (EMRS) Symposium on Design and scaling up of theranostic nanoflatforms for health: translational studies. Spring 2023, Strasbourg, France.
PAST CONFERENCE/ MEETING ORGANISING/ CHAIRING
28. Co-chair of Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers conference, 14-17 June 2022, London
26. Co-chair of ICMAT 2019 Symposium Y: Colloidal Nanoparticle-Based Probes and Sensors (Jointly organized with MRS Japan), Singpapore, 23-28 June 2019
24. Chair of Magnetic Hyperthermia Section at 11th International Conference on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Vancouver, Canada, June 2016
23. May 2016 Chair of the EU-Japan Collaborative Research on Nanomagnetic Medicine, London, UK, May 2016
22. Co-chair of “Multifunctional nanostructures for diagnosis and therapy of diseases” Symposium at 2016 E-MRS Spring Meeting, Lille, May 2016
21. Chair of EU COST TD1402 workshop on Synthesis and functionalisation of magnetic nanoparticles for hyperthemia and radio-therapy, London, UK, April 2016.
20. Member of International Technical Committee of International Conference on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (NANO-15), Coimbatore, India Dec 2015
19. Scientific Committee for the 6th International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications (ICNFA’15), Barcelona, Spain, July 2015
18. Co-chair of Biohybrid NanoMaterials – Design and Applications Symposium, ICMAT, Singapore, June 2015
17. Member of advisory board for International symposium on “Nanotechnology and Cancer Theranostics“ (ISCANT 15). Mumbai, India. Feb. 2015
16. Chair of Scientific Organiser of the workshop “Exploiting Physical Properties of Nanomaterials for Tackling Infectious Diseases” sponsored by The Faraday Division of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Vietnam, November 2014.
15. International Organising Committee of The 6th International Workshop on Advance Materials Science and Nanotechnology (IWAMSN-2014) sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology of Vietnam (MOST), National Institute of Materials Science of Japan (NIMS), Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Ha Long City, Vietnam, November 2014
14. Chair of Scientific Committee, RSC Faraday Discussion 175: “Physical Chemistry of Functionalised Biomedical Nanoparticle“, 17-19th September 2014, Bristol, UK.
12. Co-chair of “Novel Solution Process for Nano-/Biomaterials” Symposium at International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technology (ICMAT 2013), Singapore, June 2013
11. Co-organiser of “Design of Multifunctional Nano-Objects for Biomedical Applications” Symposium at 2013 E-MRS Spring Meeting, Strasbourg , France, May 2013
10. Co-organiser of “Nanotechnology and Sustainability” Symposium at 2013 MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, USA, April 2013
9. Co-organiser of “International Meeting on Developments in the Application of Nanotechnology in Medicine” London, UK, November. 2012
8. Member of the Technical Committee of International Symposium on Macro- and Supramolecular Architectures and Materials (MAM-12) with the special topic: Nano Systems and Applications, Coimbatore, India, November 2012
7. International Organising Committee of The 6th International Workshop on Advance Materials Science and Nanotechnology (IWAMSN-2012) sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology of Vietnam (MOST), National Institute of Materials Science of Japan (NIMS), Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Ha Long City, Vietnam, October 2012
6. Organiser of “Functional Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications” Symposium, 244th ACS meeting, Philadelphia, USA, August 19-23, 2012
5. Co-organiser of “Capturing Colloids II” meeting sponsored by Royal Microscopical Society and the Colloids Groups the RSC and SCI, Manchester, UK, October 2011
3. Chair “Applications of Magnetic Nanomaterials” Section in on “Nanomaterials for Biological, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Applications” Symposium, 240th ACS National Meeting & Exposition Boston, USA, August 2010
2. Chair and Scientific Organiser of “Nanoparticles 2009” Conference sponsored by RSC/SCI, Liverpool, UK, September 2009
1. Co-Chair and Scientific Organiser of “Nanoparticles 2008” Conference sponsored by RSC/SCI, Bradford, UK, February 2008
- Royal Society of Chemistry: Fellow (2010-present)
- Royal Society of Chemistry Chartered Chemist, Chartered Scientist (2005-2014)
- American Chemical Society: Member
- Institute of Physics: Fellow
- Royal Society of Biology: Fellow
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining: Fellow
- Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences: Member (2023-present)
- Royal Institution of Great Britain: Associate Member (2009-2015)
- Founding member of Global Young Academy (2010-2014)
- International Association of Nanotechnology: Member
- UK Nanomagnetism Network: Member
- American Nano Society: Member
- British Society for Nanomedicine: Member
2023 – 2023 Member of Faraday Division Awards Committee
2008 – 2017 Joint Committee of Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Colloid & Interface Science Group and Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) Colloid & Surface Chemistry Group
2013 – 2016 Representative member of Joint Colloids Groups at The Royal Society of Chemistry Faraday Division Council
2014 – 2016 Committee Secretary of RSC Colloids & Interface Science Group and SCI Colloid & Surface Chemistry Group
2014 – 2018 Management committee member and Work Group Leader of EU COST TD1402 -Multifunctional nanoparticles for Magnetic hyperthermia and Indirect Radiation Therapy (RADIOMAG).
2016 – 2019 Elected member of The Royal Society of Chemistry Faraday Division Council
2016 – 2018 Member of Faraday Division Awards Committee
2018 – 2020 Substitute Management committee member EU COST CA17115 European network for advancing Electromagnetic hyperthermic medical technologies – (MyWAVE).
2018 – 2020 Substitute Management committee member EU COST CA17140 Cancer nanomedicine – from the bench to the bedside – (NANO2CLINIC).
2022-2024 Member of Faraday Prize Committee, Faraday Community for Physical Chemistry
MEMBERSHIP OF FUNDING PANELS
- The Royal Society International Grants Panel (2009-2012)
- The Royal Society Newton International Fellowships Committee (7/2008-12/2013)
- BBSRC Pool Committee member (2008-2010)
- The Royal Society Summer Studentship Grant Panel (2007)
PAST EDITORIAL ROLE
2010: Guest Editor of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A on Nanoparticles” theme issue published in September 2010 to celebrate the 350th anniversary of the Royal Society
2010 – 2013: Member of Editorial Board of Advances in Natural Sciences: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, IOP Publishing, Open Access Journal
2012: The sole Editor of “MAGNETIC NANOPARTICLES: FROM FABRICATION TO CLINICAL APPLICATIONS” book, Boca Raton: CRC Press/Taylor and Francis.
2012 -2013: Editor of Nanoscale (Impact Factor 6.9) Special Issue “Functional Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications” published in 2013
2014: Editor of Royal Society Chemistry Faraday Discussion 175 “Physical Chemistry of Functionalised Biomedical Nanoparticle” volume
2016: Editor of a special theme issue “Multifunctional nanostructures for diagnosis and therapy of diseases” to be published in The Royal Society Interface Focus: http://rsfs.royalsocietypublishing.org/
2017-2018: The sole Editor of CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF MAGNETIC NANOPARTICLES” book ISBN 978-1-439-86932-1, Boca Raton: CRC Press/Taylor and Francis.
2020 – 2022: Guest Editor of Nanoscale Web themed Collection on “Advanced Functional Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications”
CUREENT EDITORIAL ROLE
2012 – present: Member of Editorial Board of Progress in Theoretical and Applied Physics Journal
2016 – present: Editor in Chief of Journal of Bioanalysis & Biomedicine
2013 – present: Member of Editorial Board Advances in Regenerative Medicine
2013 – present: Member of Editorial Board Austin Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology
2013 – present: Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Nanoscience & Technology
2013 – present: Member of Editorial Board Advanced Nanoscience and Technology: An International Journal
2014 – present: Member of Editorial Board of American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences
2014 – present: Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Nanotechnology and Material Science
2015 – present: Member of Wiley Editorial Board of Journal of Interdisciplinary Nanomedicine
2016- present: Member of Elsevier Editorial board of Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices (JS: AMD)
2018 – 2020: Member of Editorial Advisory Board of ACS-Applied Biomaterials.
2019 – present: Editor-in-chief of the Royal Society of Chemistry book Series, Nanoscience and Nanotechnolog
2020 – present: Member of Editorial board of Journal of Nanobiotechnology
- Steering Group of Royal Society Research Fellow Conference 2014
- Member of Advisory board for FP7-PEOPLE-2011-ITN, MC-ITN Initial Training Networks: Mag(net)icFun – Functionalized Magnetic Nanoparticles and their Application in Chemistry and Biomedicine. Coordinator Oliver Reiser, Regensburg University, Germany
- Scientific Advisor at Institute of Materials Sciences, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
EXTERNAL/INTERNAL EXAMINATION APPOINTMENTS
- King’s College London (PhD viva), 2023
- Imperial College London (PhD viva), 2021
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, (PhD Viva) 2018
- Queen Mary University of London (PhD viva), 2017
- University of Bordeaux, France and University of Waterloo, Canada (PhD viva), 2015
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (PhD viva), 2015
- University of Central Lancashire (PhD viva), 2015
- The Institute of Cancer Research (PhD viva), 2014
- University of College London (PhD viva), 2014
- Bangor University (PhD viva), 2013
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (PhD viva) 2013
- University of Glasgow (PhD viva), 2012
- University of Nottingham (PhD viva), 2011
- University of Liverpool (PhD viva), 2008
- University of Liverpool (PhD viva), 2006
- University of Birmingham (MRes), 2006
PLENARY, KEYNOTE, INVITED TALKS GIVEN AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES /MEETINGS
91. Tuning Nano Properties (Virtual Session). 2023 MRS Spring Meeting Apr 2023. Invited by Associate Professor Gemma-Louise Davies
90. The seventh Workshop of Vietnamese Students in Poland (WVSP2022) Krakow, Poland, Nov 2022. Invited by Prof Mai Xuan Ly.
89. Keynote Talk, COST CA 17140 Nano2Clinic: Cancer Nanomedicine from the Bench to the Bedside. Rome, Italy, Oct 2022. Invited by Prof Sabrina Pricl.
88. Symposium at European Microwave Week, Milan, Italy, Sep 2022. Invited by Dr Lourdes Farrugia.
87. Academy of Pharmaceutical Science annual Pharmaceutical Sciences conference, Belfast, UK, Sep 2022. Invited by Dr Clare Hoskins.
86. Pint of Science, London, May 2022. Inited by Rebecca Conybeare.
85. Nano-Bio Interactions symposium, Materials Research Society (MRS) Spring Meeting, Honolulu, Hawai’i, USA May 2022. Invited by Prof Weibo Cai.
84. RSC Chemical Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Network Annual symposium, London UK. Plenary talk. Jan 2022. Invited by Associate Professor Claire Hoskins.
83. RSC Symposium “How can process chemistry and technology enable sustainability”. Nov 2021. Invited by Professor Mukund S Chorghade
82. 10th International Workshop on Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology, IWAMSN 2020. Keynote talk. Hanoi, Vietnam. Nov. 2021. Invited by Prof Doan Dinh Phuong.
81. International Conference on Nanotechnology for Better Living (NBL-21), Sept 2021. India. Invited by Associate Professor M A Shah
80. Semi-Plenary talk. Symposium I – Multifunctional Hybrid Materials and Nanocomposites: Development and Applicationsin the 2021 International Conference on Electronic Materials (2021 IUMRS-ICEM) and the XIX Brazilian Materials Research Society Meeting (XIX B-MRS). Aug. 2021. Invited by Prof Sara Bilmes.
79. World Forum for Women in Science without Borders WISWB 2021, University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region – Iraq. March 2021. Invited by Prof Amal Amin. View here from 41 min: 20s
78. International Online Workshop on Multidimensional Particle Characterization organised by The Erlangen Collaborative Research Center 1411 on “Design of Particulate Products”, the Priority Programme 2045 “Highly specific and multidimensional fractionation of fine particle systems with technical relevance” and the LUM company. Jan 2021. Invited by Prof. Robin Klupp Taylor.
77. Recent trends in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Online Conference Hosted by Haldia Institute of Technology, India. Sep 2020. Invited by Dr Arka Chaudhuri.
76. Plenary speaker at the 2nd International Symposium “Functional Nanomaterials in Industrial Applications: Academy-Industry Meet Webinar, Preston, UK. Jul 2020. Invited by Dr Tapas Sen.
75. Panel member for Webinar “Can Materials Science Counter the COVID-19 Pandemic? A Discussion with materials researchers at the frontlines of battling coronavirus”. Co presented by Material Research Society and The Society for Biomaterials. https://mrs.digitellinc.com/mrs/live/503/page/2328, Apr 2020
74. Bionanosmart 2020, The International Conference on Nanoscience and Technology, Slovak Academy of Science, Stara Lesna, Slovakia. Mar 2020. Invited by Prof Peter Kopcansky.
73. Opening Speech at Worldwide Meeting of Young Academy organized by Global Young Academy and Vietnam Young Academy, Da nang, Vietnam, Jul 2019
72. Opening speech and invited talk at Nanomaterial for Healthcare Meeting, Da nang, Vietnam, Jul 2019
71. 10th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2019) Symposium J “Micro/nano-technology for Drug Delivery and Imaging”, Singapore. Jun 2019. Invited by Dr Chenje Xu.
70. 10th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2019) Symposium Y: “Colloidal Nanoparticle-Based Probes and Sensors” (Jointly organized with MRS Japan), Singapore. Jun 2019. Invited by Prof Xiao Di Su.
69. ACS Materials & Interfaces, to be held at the Spring ACS National Meeting (March 31 – April 4, 2019) in Orlando, Florida. Apr 2019. Invited by Prof Stanislaus Wong.
68. UK Magnetics Society seminar on MRI and Magnetic Particles for MRI Diagnostics, University of Oxford, UK. Invited by Alastair Stewart. Feb 2019
67. Keynote, 2019 Hanoi International Symposium on Advanced Materials and Devices (HISAMD2019) Hanoi, Vietnam, Jan 2019. Invited by Professsor Bach Thanh Cong.
66. 5th International Workshop on Novel Magnetism and Multifunctional Materials, Hanoi, Vietnam. Jan 2019. Invited by Dr Sheena Winder.
65. EU COST TD142 Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Magnetic Hyperthermia and Indirect Radiation Therapy (Radiomag), Annual Action Progress Conference, Florence, Italy. Oct. 2018
64. Plenary talk at the 7th International Conference in Vietnam on the Development of Biomedical Engineering, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. June 2018. Invited by Prof Vo Van Toi.
63. Mentor for Vietnam-UK Workshop on Microfluidics, Nanomaterials, and Point-of-Care in Healthcare for developing countries, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. June 2018. Invited by Dr Huynh Chan Khon.
62. EU COST TD142 Radiomag, Annual Action Progress, Conference, Timisora, Romania, March, 2018
61. Plenary lecture in “Nanoparticle synthesis, structure, properties, safer-by-design” Section of 7th biannual International Meeting of The Institute of Metals in Biology of Grenoble (IMBG) “Metallic nanoparticles: health, environment, applications and safer-by-design”, Grenoble, France, Sept. 2017
60. IUMRS-ICAM 2017 the 15th International Conference on Advanced Materials. Kyoto. Japan , Aug. 2017.
59. Symposium N: Advanced Ceramics and Nanohybrids for Energy, Environment and Health symposium, ICMAT 2017, Singapore, Jun. 2017.
58. Symposium V: Nanomaterials: Design and hierarchical assemblies of nanomaterials (nanoparticles, carbon materials, molecules) towards energy, sensing, electronic, catalysis and detection applications, May 2017. Strasbourg, France
57. COST-Radiomag 2017, Bilbao, Spain, Apr. 2017. Invited by Prof Fernando Plazaola.
56. European Nanomedicine Meeting, London, UK. Apr. 2017. Invited by Prof Steve Rannard.
55. Keynote Lecture at the 6th Annual Postgraduate symposium on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, School of Chemistry at the University of Birmingham, UK. Dec. 2016
54. Fourth Hellenic Forum for Science and Technology and Innovation, Athens, Greece, Jul. 2016.
53. Functional Nanomaterials in Industrial Applications: Academic-Industry Meet, Preston, UK. Keynote speaker, Mar. 2016. Invited by Dr Tapas Sen.
52. “Nanoparticles for Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy” conference sponsored by British Society of Surgical Oncology and Royal Society of Medicine. Nov. 2015 Invited by Professor Riccardo Audisio.
51. NANOCON-15, Brono, Czech Republic. Oct. 2015. Invited by Prof. RNDr. Radek Zboril.
50. UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) Workshop on Magnetic nanoparticles characterisation and applications, University of Centre Lancashire, UK. Aug. 2015. Invited by Dr Tapas Sen.
49. 4th International Conference on Tissue Science and Regenerative Medicine, Italy. Invited by Prof Roberta Di Pietro.
48. ICMAT symposium AA of advanced ceramics and nanohybrids for energy, environment and health. June 2015. Invited by Prof Federico Rosei.
48. Nanomaterials & Applications -NANOAPP 2015, Slovenia, June 2015. Invited by Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Lobnik.
47. 4th International Conference on Oncological Engineering, Leeds UK. March 2015. Invited by Prof Anne Neville.
46. International symposium on “Nanotechnology and Cancer Theranostics“(ISCANT 15). Mumbai, India. Feb 2015. Invited by Prof Dhirendra Bahadur.
45. Keynote speaker at the 3rd International Conference on Photodynamic and Nanomedicine for Health Science”, Luxor- Egypt. Jan 2015. Invited by Prof Mahmoud Abdelkader.
44. Emerging Nanomaterials for Healthcare, Birmingham, UK, Nov 2014. Invited by Dr Gemma Davies.
43. UK Magnetics Society, ‘Magnets in Medicine’, Cardiff, UK, Nov, 2014. Invited by Dr Dan Read.
42. The 6th International Workshop on Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology of Vietnam (MOST), National Institute of Materials Science of Japan (NIMS), Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Ha Long City, Vietnam. Nov 2014. Invited by Prof Nguyen Van Hieu and Prof. Sukekatsu Ushioda.
41. Biophysics Meeting, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile. Sept 2014. Invited by Prof Jeronimo Maze.
40. 2014 International Symposium on Materials for Enabling Nanodevices (ISMEN2014) National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan Taiwan Sept 2014. Invited by Prof. Masahiro Yoshimura.
39. Keynote speaker at 5th International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications (ICNFA’14), Prague, Czech Republic, Aug 2014
38. 2nd International Symposium on Polymer Ecomaterials (PEM 2014) August, 2014, Kunming, China. Invited by Prof. Xuesi Chen.
37. The Society of Petroleum Engineers Workshop Exploiting Nanotechnology for Efficient Oil and Gas Exploration and Recovery, London, UK, June 2014. Invited by Prof Anne Neville.
36. Royal Society UK-Brazil-Chile Frontiers of Science Meeting, Chichcheley Hall, UK, Feb 2014
35. Astra Zeneca Drug Delivery Innovation workshop, Guangzhou, China, Nov, 2013
34. International Nanomedicine Conference and Training sponsored by Nanomedicine Society of Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria, Nov 2013. Invited by Professor Charles O Esimone.
34. EU Project NanoDiaRA Workshop: Inorganic Nanoparticles: Requirements for diseases, methods for characterisation& toxicity; handling of ethical and risk questions, Bern, Switzerland. Sept 2013. Invited by Prof Dr.-Ing Heinrich Hofmann.
33.International conference on Nanomaterials & Applications in Portorož, Slovenia, Sept. 2013. Invited by Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Lobnik.
32. “Synthesis and Architecture of Nanomaterials” Symposium at 7th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2013), Singapore. June 2013. Invited by Assistant Professor Xie Jianping.
31. “Novel Solution Process for Nano-/Biomaterials” Symposium at 7th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2013), Singapore. June 2013. Invited by Professor K. Byrappa.
30. Collaborative Conference on Material Research, Jeju Island, South Korea. June 2013. Invited by ProfJihoon Lee.
29. Nanobiomaterials Conference 2013, Larazote, Spain. February 2013. Invited by Prof Nick Quirke.
28. International Symposium on Macro- and Supramolecular Architectures and Materials (MAM-12) with the special topic: Nano Systems and Applications, Coimbatore, India, November 2012. Invited by Prof V. Rajendran.
27. NanoMED, International Conference on Nanotechnology in Medicine, London, UK, November 2012. Invited by Professor Alex Seifalian.
26. The 6th International Workshop on Advance Materials Science and Nanotechnology (IWAMSN-2012) Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, November 2012. Invited by Prof Qui Tran-Cong-Miyata. Keynote Talk in a Plenary Session of the Section SMPS. Invited by Prof Nguyen Van Hieu.
25. ACS Symposium on “Functional Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications “, Philadelphia, USA, August 2012. Invited by Prof Ramanathan Nagarajan.
24. Nano-Bio Collaborative International Conference 2012, Tampa, Florida, USA, March 2012. Invited by Prof. Shyam Mohapatra.
22. International Conference of Photodynamic and Nanomedecine for Diagnosis and Therapy of Cancer, Cairo, Egypt, February 2012. Invited by Prof. Mahmoud Abdel-Kader.
21. Bionanotechnology III: From Biomolecular Assembly to Applications, Cambridge, UK, January 2012. Invited by Prof Tony Cass.
20. UK Delegate to UK-China Forum on ” Application potentials of Carbon materials and Nanostructure” at CHInanoConference & Expo, Suzhou, China, October 2011. Invited by Prof Xiao Guo.
19. Promotion Center for Global Materials Research Symposium, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, September 2011. Invited by Masahiro Yoshimura.
18. Section Chair of Nanotechnology for Bio/Medical Materials Symposium at International Union of Materials Research Societies (IUMRS)- International Conference in Asia (ICA), Taipei, Taiwan, September 2011. Invited by Masahiro Yoshimura.
17. UK Colloids 2011, London, UK, July 2011. Invited by Prof Simon Biggs.
16 NanoMaterials 2011, London, UK June 2011. Invited by Dr Robert Stead.
15. International Conference on Nanomedicine in Cancer, Alexandria University Medical School, Egypt, December 2010 (Plenary Talks and Demonstration). Invited by Prof Mostafa El-Sayed.
14. International Workshop on Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, Hanoi, Vietnam, November, 2010 (Plenary Talk). Invited by Prof Nguyen Van Hieu
13. ACS Symposium on “Nanomaterials for Biological, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Applications”, Boston, USA, August 2010. Invited by Prof Ramanathan Nagarajan.
12. Nanoparticles and bioapplications, Cape Town, South Africa, 2010 (Plenary Talk). Invited by Prof Mary Gulumian.
11. Microscience 2010, Royal Microscopical Society, London, UK, July 2010. Invited by Dr John L Hutchison.
10. The 7th International Conference on Fine Particles Magnetism, Uppsala, Sweden, June 2010. Invited by Prof Per Nordblad.
9. NanoMaterials 2010, London, UK June 2010 (Plenary Talk). Invited by Dr Robert Stead.
8. Particles 2010: Medical/Biomedical Diagnostics, Pharmaceuticals and Drug Delivery Applications of Particles Technology, Florida, USA, May 2010. Invited by Prof John Texter.
7. EC Project-Bonsai Symposium Breakthroughs in Nanoparticles for Bio-Imaging, Rome, Italy, April 2010. Invited by Prof Elisabette Borsella-ENEA
6. International Conference on “Nanosciecne and Technology” ICONSAT-2010, Mumbai, India, February, 2010. Invited by Prof. Dhirendra Bahadur.
5. “Functionalisation of nanoparticles for Biomedical application”, Biomagnetic Sensing Workshop, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK September 2009. Invited by Dr Adrian Ionescu.
4. Was nominated by The Royal Society to represent The Society at the Interacademy Panel (IAP) conference of young leaders in STI at the world economic forum‘s “Meeting of the New Champions 2008” in Tianjin, China. She was invited to be a discussion leader in “The Next Wave for Nanotechnology” panel at the conference, September 2008
3. “Development of magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical application” Particles 2006: Medical/Biochemical Diagnostic, Pharmaceutical, and Drug Delivery Applications of Particle Technology, Florida, USA, May 2006. Invited by Prof. John Texter.
2. “Gold nanoparticles in bioanalytical assays”. 79th ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, Potsdam, USA, June 2005. Invited by Prof. Janos H. Fendler.
1. “Harnessing Nanoparticles for Glycobiology” 79th ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, Potsdam, USA, June 2005. Invited by Prof. Janos H. Fendler.
SEMINARS GIVEN AT INSTITUTES
111. School of Natural Sciences, University of York, UK, May 2023.
110. Royal Society of Chemistry Interdisciplinary Award Lecture, Department of Chemistry, University of Galway, Ireland, Apr 2023
109. Royal Society Rosalind Franklin Science Camp, Liddington, UK, Mar 2023
108. Department of Electronic Systems, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, Norwegian Univeristy of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. Feb 2023
107. Sapienza Research Center for Nanotechnologies Applied to Engineering, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy. Oct 2022.
106. Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineeri, Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy, Sep 2022.
105. University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam. Sept 2022.
104. The Institute of Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Vietnam, Aug 2022
103. CSIR-Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India, 2022
102. Vietnamese Chemical Association, Jan 2022
101. Cardiff Material Research Network Symposium, University of Cardiff, UK, Nov 2021
100. Nanomaterials Research Group, School of Chemical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Sep 2021
99. School of Chemistry, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, May 2021
98. Research Complex at Harwell, Oxford, UK, Oct 2019
97. Institute for Bioengineering and Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre, University of Edinburgh, UK, Jul 2019
96. Nano Agricultural Chemistry and Processing Research, National Nanotechnology Centre (Nanotec), Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand, Jun 2019
95. Advanced Imaging Research Centre, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Bangkok, Thailand, Jun 2019
94. Biomedical Engineering Department, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, Jun 2019
93. College of Science and Engineering, City University of Hongkong, China, May 2019
92. Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, Dec 2018
91. Department of Materials Science & Engineering, College of Engineering, Chemistry, Peking University, China, Dec 2018
90. The Institute for the Chemistry of OrganoMetallic Compounds of the Italian National Council for Research, Italy, Oct 2018
89. Institute of Nanosystem, National University of San Martin, Argentina, Sep 2018
88. Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences, Analytical and Physical Chemistry INQUIMAE – CONICET, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, Sep 2018
87. Theoretical and Applied Physical Chemistry Research Institute (INIFTA), National University of La Plata, Argentina, Sept 2018
86. Department of Engineering Science, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford, UK, Aug 2018
85. Biomedical Engineering, Istanbul Arel University, Turkey, Feb 2018
84. Nottingham Univeristy Malaysia Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia., Jan 2018
83. Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Jan 2018.
82. School of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, Jan. 2018
81. School of Chemical Engineering Nanjing University of Science and Engineering, Nanjing, China, Dec. 2017
80. School of P. E. and Sport Science, Suzhou University, Suzhou, China, Dec. 2017
79. Department of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, Dec. 2017
78. Vietnam Military Medical University, Jun. 2017
77. Biomedical Engineering Department, University of Singapore. Jun. 2017
76. School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Life & Health Sciences, Ulster University. Nov. 2016
75. Institute for Global Food Security, School of Biological Sciences, Queen’s University Belfast. Nov. 2016
74. Department of General, Organic and Biomedical Chemistry, Université de Mons, Belgium, Oct. 201
73. School of Analytical Sciences Adlershof SALSA Summer school ‘Make and Measure’, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Sept. 2016
72. Nanomaterials group, Laboratoire Chimie, Structures, Propriétés de Biomatériaux et d’Agents Thérapeutiques de l’Université Paris 13. Jul. 2016
71. Chemistry Laboratory of Organic Polymers, Univeristy of Bordeaux, France, April, 2016
70. Institute of Chemistry of Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil, Oct. 2015
69. The Brazilian Nanotechnology National Laboratory and Institute of Physics, Campinas State University, Brazil, Oct. 2015
68. Institute of Chemistry of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil, Oct. 2015
67. Department of Physical Chemistry and Materials Science, Faculty of Science and Informatics, University of Szeged, Hungrary, Oct. 2015
66. Department of Physical Chemistry and Materials Science, Faculty of Science and Informatics, University of SzegedNanyang Technological University, Singapore, July 2015
65. Department of Chemistry, University of Leeds, UK, April 2015
64. Department of Physics and Atronomy, Queen Mary University of London, UK, Mar 2015
63. NIHR Colorectal Therapies Healthcare Technology Co-operative workshop, University of Leeds, UK, Oct 2014.
62. EPSRC Dial-a-Molecule Workshop, Computational Prediction of Reaction Outcomes and Optimum Synthetic Routes, Leeds, UK, Sept 2014.
61. Changchung Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science, China, Aug 2014
60. UCL School of Pharmacy, London, UK, June 2014
59. UK Magnetics Society event on “The use of magnetism and magnetic materials for medical applications”, University of Birmingham, April 2014
58. Materials Research Institute, Vietnam Academy of Science and Techology, Hanoi, Vietnam, April 2014
57. School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, April 2014
56. Sun Yat Sen University Cancer Hospital, Guangzhou, China, April 2014
55. JAIST Advanced International School on Japan-UK Nanotechnology Frontier, March 2014
54. The Institute of Cancer Therapeutics, University of Bradford, February 2014
53. School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds, UK, January 2014
52. School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, November, 2014
51. Department of Physics, Univeristy of Surrey, UK, April 2013
50. Department of Chemical Science, Cagliari Univeristy, Italy, April 2013
49. The Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM) Winter School Kirchberg (Tyrol, Austria), March 2013
48. University Dental Hospital, School of Dentistry, Cardiff Univerity, February 2013
47. Interdisciplinary Center of Nanosciences of Marseille, Aix-Marseille University, France, January 2013.
46. Laboratoire Mati�re et Syt�mes Complexes, CNRS and Universit� Paris Diderot, Paris, France, December 2012
45. National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology (NIHE), Hanoi, Vietnam, November 2012
44. Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, October 2012
43. Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*STAR, Singapore, October 2012
42. Institute of Materials Sciences, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, October 2012
41. Department of Physics, University of South Florida, USA, March 2012
40. Nanotechnology Center, Agricultural Research Cente, Cairo, Egypt, February 2012
39. Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan, February 2012
38. Electronic-Inspired Interdisciplinary Research Institute, Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan, February 2012
37. UC Berkeley Bioengineering &Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, USA, December 2011.
36. Institut de Physique et Chimie des Materiaux de Strasbourg, France, November, 2011
35. Royal Free Hospital, London, UK, November, 2011
34. UK Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), November, 2011
33. Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, October, 2011
32.Department of Chemistry, Taiwan National University, Taiwan, September, 2011
31.German University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt, March, 2011
30. School of Chemistry, University of Nottingham, UK February, 2011
29. Department of Physics, University of York, UK, February, 2011
28. Hanoi University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam, November, 2010.
27. School of Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, November, 2010
26. Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, UK, October, 2010
25. Institut f�r Anorganische Chemie, University of Lepzig, Germany, October, 2010
24. University of Rochester, New York, USA, August 2010
23. Centre for Materials Research, Norfork State University, USA, August, 2010
22. Infineum International Ltd, UK, March 2009
21. London Centre for Nanotechnology, December 2009
20. National University of Singapore, November 2009
19. Department of Physics, Vietnam National University, Vietnam, November 2009
18. Institute of Materials Science, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, November 2009
17. Department of Chemistry, University College London, October 2009
16. Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, January 2009.
15. School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, Leeds, November 2008.
14. UK Magnetics Society’s annual Ewing Specialist Lecture, London, December 2008
13. Institute of Physics, Preparation and Patterning of Magnetic Materials, London, November 2008.
12. Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan, October 2008.
11. School of Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan, October 2008
10. Department of Basic Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan, October 2008
9. Department of Physics, University College London, UK, September 2008
8. School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, UK, January 2008
7. Department of Chemistry, Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam, March 2006.
6. Inorganic and Fibres Section, Heath and Safety Laboratory, UK, December 2005
5. Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, UK, March 2005
4. International Training Institute for Material Sciences, Vietnam, February 2005
3. Department of Chemistry, University of Hull, UK, June 2004
2. School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, UK, December 1998
1. Toxicology Department, UCB PHARMA, Brussels, Belgium, September 1998
ORAL PRESENTATIONS AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
24. ACS Fall 2021, session COLL008F: Colloidal Nanomaterials: Applications in Biology and Medicine.
22. ACS Spring 2021, Division of Colloid & Surface Chemistry: Colloidal Hybrid Materials Intended for Biological Applications, April 2021
21. ACS Spring 2021, Division of Inorganic Chemistry: Chemistry of Materials: Nanomaterials, April 2021
20. The 12th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 2018.
19. The 11th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Vancouver, Canada, May 2016.
18. The 10th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Dresden, Germany, Jun 2014
17. Nanoparticle Concentration, Chemistry and Interfaces sponsored by National Laboratory and European Commission, Cheshire, UK, April 2015
16. Nanax 5, Fuenrigola, Spain, May 2012
15. The 9th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Minneapolis, USA, May 2012
14. Nano4Life, GSK, Stevenage, UK, April 2012
13. 2nd NanoToday Conference, Haiwaii, USA December 2011
12. The 8th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Rostock, Germany, May 2010
11. 1st NanoToday Conference, Singapore, August 2009
10. The 3rd International Congress of Nanobiotechnology and Nanomedicine, San Francisco, USA, June 2009
9. The 7th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Vancouver, Canada, May 2008
8. Nanoparticles 2008: Synthesis, Properties and Applications of Nanoparticles, Yorkshire, UK, February 2008
7. The 12th British Chapter of International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Meeting. BC-ISMRM, Surrey, UK. August 2006
6. The 6th International Conferences on the Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Krems, Austria, May 2006
5. Magnetic Nanomaterials Workshop, London, UK, April 2006
4. BioNano 3: International Conference on Bionanotechnology, Brighton, UK, September 2005
3. International Conference on Fine Particle Magnetism, London, UK, September 2004
2. PITTCON, Orlando, Florida, USA, March 2003
1. PITTCON, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, March 2002